Admins can configure follow-up questions for their organisation's observations. These questions are asked is the reported observation's page, after it has been reported. If a follow-up question is configured to be required, it means that an answer must be provided before the observation can be marked as closed. This allows for gathering crucial information about the handling of the observation before users can close it.
Creating a question
- First, you need to add a new question that you want to use as a follow-up question
- A question can be added in Administration → Questions.
- See article Adding & Editing questions for detailed information on how to create a question.
Note: If you set the new question to be required, it means that an answer to the question must be provided before the observation can be marked as closed.
Setting the question to a category
Once you have created a question that you wish to use as a follow-up question, you must set it to a observation category:
- Under Administration → Categories you should select the category you wish to display the question in
- If the question does not have any follow-up groups, you should create one
- Add the newly created question to a follow-up group
Now the new question will be asked in the observation page of the selected category. For more detailed information about how to edit a category's questions see Managing observation categories.