Organization admins are allowed to manage the observation category settings. This article explains what each of the settings in the page does.
How to access the right page
- Create a new category from Administration → Categories → Plus-button in the top-right corner.
- Edit an existing category's settings from Administration → Categories → Pen-icon of a category → Settings.
See Managing observation categories article for more information on how to access the pages.
Now you should see the settings form of either an existing, or a new category.
Explanation for fields in the category settings form
When creating a new category, or editing an existing one, you should see the following fields:
- Category name fields: The name of the category displayed alongside observations reported under this category all over the app. These need to be written in all languages that your organisation uses. The displayed name will be in the language that the user has selected while using incy.io.
- Main category: Observation categories can be of 2 levels in incy.io. Top level categories can have other categories under it and bottom level categories cannot have more categories under them. Top level categories do not necessarily have to have categories under them. If they have categories under them, they work like a section of categories. If they don't have categories under them, those top level categories themselves can be reported as observations. Bottom level categories will be part of some section and will always be reportable. Leave the field empty "No main category" if you want the category to be a top level category. If you want it to be under another top level category, select the corresponding category.
- Assignees field help text: These are help texts shown under the assignee field in the report form.
- Archived: Archived categories are not visible on report page, so it is not possible to report new observations to archived categories. It is still possible to see them in the statistics section.
- Allow reported to specify the observation title: This feature is useful if you wish to have a category "Other observation" where you wish to receive observations that don't match any other categories. With this option on the reported may freely write the observation title that shows up in the observation listing.
- Quick report observations: If selected, clicking this category will report an observation immediately without having to enter any other information. This is useful if you only want to track the number of some instances with minimal overhead to the reporter. Note: This will need some default place to be selected.
- Default place: You can set a default place for this category which is always initially selected when reporting an observation with this category. The user can change the place nevertheless. This is required if marking the category as a quick report category.
- Attachment's lifetime: This options defines how long all the attachments added to this observation will be stored in the system. After this time has passed, the attachments will be removed, and the user will only see that there was some attachment. NOTE: This only affects the attachments that are added directly to the observation, and not the attachments that are added to comments. So if someone writes a comment with an attachment to an observation with this category, the attachment in that comment will not be automatically removed by this feature.
- Icon: This icon is displayed in the category button in the report page.
- Require observations of this category to have follow-up actions: Enabling this requires every observation that belongs to the category to have follow-up actions enabled. Additionally, users will be able to set assignees and deadlines for the observations. See article Observation statuses for more information about this feature.
- Default deadline: This allows you to specify the default time until for the deadline.