You can navigate to the Categories page from Administration → Categories. In the categories listing you'll see the observation categories in the order they are displayed when reporting a new observation.
- Drag and drop categories to change the order of them, or to move them under a different main category
- Use the arrow buttons to switch the position of the main categories
- Click the pencil button to edit a category
- Add a new category by clicking the plus button in the top right corner. You can see details about creating a category in Observation category settings.
Editing a category
In the category edit page you can manage the category's settings, and the questions that are being asked when an observation is reported to the category. The following actions can be performed in the page:
- Change the settings of the category. See more details in Observation category settings article.
- Archive the category, so that no more observations can be reported to it
- Manage how the questions of the category are displayed in the observation reporting form
Organising questions into groups
The questions of the category are grouped under question groups. There's two types of question groups:
- Normal question groups
The questions inside normal question groups are being asked when the observations is reported.
- Follow-up question groups
The questions inside follow-up question groups are being displayed after the observation has been reported. Questions inside these groups can be answered in the observation page. Also, if a question in a follow-up group is required, it needs to be answered before the observation can be marked as closed.
You can see the questions of the group by opening it. The questions can be drag and dropped inside the group to the order you wish. It's also possible to move the question to another group by dragging it there.
Similarly, question groups can be moved to the appropriate order by drag and dropping them. You can also move normal groups to the follow-up groups section, and vice versa.
A new group can be created by clicking the Add group button under normal, or follow-up groups:
- You should provide a name for the group, alongside with the different translations for the group's name
- You can also provide an optional help text, which will be displayed when answering the questions of the group
After you have created a group, you can either move existing questions under it, or add a new question by clicking the Add questions button inside the group.
Note: When removing a group by clicking the thrash button, all the questions in the group will also get removed. This means that already existing answers to these questions will be marked as legacy. Legacy answers are shown separately in the already reported observations.
You can add new questions by clicking the Add questions button inside a group:
- You can select multiple questions at a time
- You can use the search button to find the question you're looking for
- If there is no existing question you'd like to use, you can create a new question in the Questions page, which can be navigated from Administration → Questions
You can remove questions by clicking the trash button next to the question.
Note: When removing a question, the already existing answers to the question will be marked as legacy. Legacy answers are shown separately in the already reported observations.